Clients: The World Bank
Results-Based Financing in Healthcare is a system that links payment mechanisms (i.e. “Financing”) to outcomes (i.e. “Performance”). Results-Based Financing in Africa aims to help increase coverage and improve quality for maternal and child health services. In Burkina Faso, The new World Bank operation has extended coverage of PBF to an additional twelve districts distributed across six regions. The objective of the impact evaluation is to the impact of the PBF intervention on maternal and child health outcomes such as quality of care and health service utilization. The surveys for households and health facilities aim to establish health indicators, for future impact evaluation of Performance-Based Financing elements in Burkina Faso.
- Develop and deploy the Smart Survey system, as well as Field Assistant and Base Manager applications
- Design and test electronic forms (form structure, functionality, upload and download functions)
- Train project staff for use of Smart Survey and Field Assistant
- Technical system support for interviewer manual, training, pilot test phase and during data collection
- Performed data cleaning support on a regular basis
- Deliver final data set to project’s leaders