RTA has succeeded in many large-scale and important surveys throughout difficult regions in Vietnam as well as in other countries in a short period of time. RTA’s datasets have served partners and clients well, and are revered for their accuracy and quality. RTA’s seal of excellence is rooted in three factors:
- Ability to apply technology to achieve transparency and efficiency during surveys, data collection, and Monitoring & Evaluation;
- A team of experienced survey and research experts, and an extensive network of development research experts and consultants;
- A network of nationwide enumerators, who are fully trained, educated, equipped with the local language and knowledge, and selected carefully through a competitive process.
RTA is home to experts in market research and development economics research, whose specialties range in the fields from enterprises, impact evaluation to market growth, real estate, etc. We combine qualitative and quantitative methods in our research projects and analysis work. The use of quantitative research methods and empirical probability statistical software such as STATA and R, as well as the ability to access to the largest database sets in Vietnam makes our research products comprehensive, insightful, and thorough.
RTA gathers top experts in Vietnam in statistical software such as STATA, SPSS, R, and qualitative software such as STATA, SPSS, R and Nvivo. These experts have applied such software to large national data analysis. Examples of some of these data sets are:
- Vietnam’s Population and Household Survey (two rounds in 1999 and 2009),
- Vietnam Living Standard Survey VLSS (two rounds in 1992-1993, 1997-1998),
- Vietnam Household Living Standard Survey VHLSS (five rounds in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010),
- Vietnam Business Census (annually since 2000),
- Labor quality surveys, as well as several small-scale labor quality and enterprise surveys.
Our ability to assess and master many of the national surveys on various fields has greatly contributed to our research work in several development and market research projects.
Applying advanced mobile and tablet technology to survey data collection is the first pillar of RTA’s successful survey system. RTA is proud to be the first in Vietnam to develop a comprehensive system for conducting and managing surveys based on mobile and cloud computing technology. Our recent surveys have been conducted using Android tablets with GPS functionalities and 3G Internet connection that minimize non-sampling errors. We have developed a system of survey tools that that make every step of our survey process transparent to our clients and allow survey managers to supervise their enumerators in any situations. We deeply believe that this is the only way to convince clients that the surveys are done in the most effective and transparent manner.
Some outstanding features of our survey system, rtSmartSurvey include:
- Collect a wider variety of data including:
- Number, text, Image, audio, video, bar code, signature
- GPS coordinates of the location where data collection takes place
- Special data types requested by customers…
- Encode and send data to the central server and conduct real-time quality assurance
- Recognize the context where tablets are being held to supervise the work of enumerators (Context awareness)
- Be able to generate dynamic report in which contents are automatically updated on real-time basis as the survey takes place
- Be able to supervise either overall or detailed process of the fieldwork to take prompt actions towards issues